Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Very Satisfied


First, I'd like to thank Ezra (iTunes Store Customer Support) for cueing a previous iTunes purchase so I could download it again. "Yay!" Luckily, I think I've unwittingly lost or deleted only one purchased music file. Overall, how satisfied was I with my recent support experience? Very Satisfied.



Quoted from Customer Support email:

"Dear Kenneth, I'm sorry to hear that you lost your iTunes Store purchase. I know how distressing that can be, so I've made the content you lost available for you to download again, free of charge. Please understand that Apple does not offer protection against the loss of your purchases, so this is a one-time exception."



My suggestion, sent to Apple in an online follow up survey for the iTMS, is to simply allow previous purchases to be re-downloaded as long as the users account still actively exists and, of course, the file content is available. All the account info is kept so as long as Apple can and does legally sell a particular file (music or video) why not? The data is still subject to the same DRM so "let it be" ... Oh yeah, those guys' record company still think people confuse computers with them.

No comments: